Now that I have been blogging for a couple of months, I wanted to share a little bit more about myself with all of my followers. I truly appreciate all of the kind feedback from friend’s and family about my new venture. I have been wanting to start a fashion and lifestyle blog for the longest time, and I am so happy you stopped by!
A lot of my posts have been mostly about fashion, as that is what I am passionate about. I want you all to know that there is more to me than just fun outfits 😉 . However, if I could just shop all day for a living, I would do it in a heart beat! I have pulled together 10 fun facts about me. For those of you that don’t me, you have a chance to find out some fun facts about me. For those of you that do know me, you may even find out something that you didn’t know before! 😉
1. I was born and raised in Houston, TX and I have lived in Texas all of my life. Texas Forever!
2. I am the biggest scaredy cat. I have always been afraid of any scary movie and I can’t stand Halloween. I still can’t even go in Party City by myself and if it’s around Halloween, forget it! When I was little I wouldn’t even go with my mom to pick out my Halloween costume. Amazon Prime, where were you in the 90’s?? Despite the fact that Hocus Pocus is one of my favorite childhood movies ( it is just too good ) even as an adult, Halloween is not exactly my favorite holiday. I can do candy corn and some cheeky harvest drinks, but that’s about it.
3. I LOVE animals. Especially dogs, but really, I just love all animals. I have always been an animal person. I am one of those people that freak out when they see a dog. If you love animals just as much as I do, you should check out The Humane Society. If you are never home and it’s impossible for you to have a pet, you can easily donate to their cause.
4. Beyonce is my favorite artist. Ever since Destiny’s Child, I have been in love with her! Survivor was my jam during those TAKS test days walking into my 7th-grade class. Now Lemonade is my go-to album for any road trip. Yes, I still burn CDs. Have you seen how old my computer is? We will save that for another story. Anyway, New Bey is a little bit edgier than the old Bey used to be, but I still love her. I have seen her in concert 3 times and plan on seeing her again next time she comes to town!
5. I have grown up having a Maltese my whole life. I think it is why I love dogs (especially lapdogs) so much! They are so sweet and such great family pets. My current pups are Ruby & Violet and they have the cutest little personalities. My family got them from the same litter and they hate to be separated. Be sure to check out my Instagram stories and insta for updates on their lives which consists of lots of napping and cuddles!
6. I have to have my nails painted at all times. I hate naked nails, especially on my toes. There is just something about having nail polish on that makes me feel much more feminine.
7. I once met Luke Wilson when I was in New York with my family. We were actually on stand by to go see Live With Regis and Kelly. It was my sister’s favorite show at the time, but unfortunately, we didn’t get in. HOWEVER, a man told us if you wait by this certain door by the studio all the celebrities come out to get back into their car and will stop to take photos. Trusting a stranger worked out in our favor, as we got to meet Luke Wilson! He instantly knew we were from Texas (accents & the y’all) and liked us even more. We even got a picture (see below). It was so much fun to have met him and my first (and only) true celebrity appearance. We then were lucky enough to come back to sit in the audience at Live with Regis and Kelly the next morning!
8. My sister and I use to ice skate and take ice skating lessons religiously when we were little. Old friends, bet you didn’t know that one 😉 . I’m not sure why we ever stopped, but it was such a fun little hobby that we picked up. Plus, wearing those crazy skating leotards was so much fun!
9. I love to travel! I definitely got the travel bug from my fiance’, Chris. I grew up mostly going to tropical places, but since graduating college, a goal of mine has been to explore more. Whether it is to a friend’s home town for the first time or an awesome international vacation, I am always down to travel. Now that I am an “adult,” traveling has taken on a whole new meaning with such a busy life style. I relax so much more when I’m traveling and try so many new things that I normally wouldn’t if I were at home. Does anyone have any fun places to recommend?
10. Aside from my love for fashion, I am very passionate about giving back to the community. I am an active member of the Houston Junior League. The Junior League is a women’s organization that commits itself to bettering the local community and promoting volunteerism. Most major cities have a Junior League. In fact, according to the Association of Junior League’s International, Inc., there are 291 Junior Leagues in 4 countries. You have to check out my post on, Completing My Provisional Year. I also love to donate to causes that support fashion or animals. I would love to hear about ways you like to volunteer or give back to the community! I am always looking for new organizations to promote.
READY. SET. SHOP